Long Term Care Redesign:
The LTC Voucher Program
WAHSA has proposed a LTC Voucher Program as our preferred redesign model because it is the ultimate vehicle for clients to exercise personal choice within a limited-funded system. Under this program, a client's comprehensive assessment would establish a capitation rate which would set the value of his/her voucher. Under this program:
Again, the LTC Voucher Program would operate in accordance with the "Common Core Elements" identified in this paper.
Return to main page.
- The dollars would "follow the client."
- Clients would be free to direct their own care and utilize the care/service of their choice.
- Choice of approved providers would only be limited due to cost.
- Clients/families/providers would be free to supplement the voucher payment with other funds.
- The voucher also could be used to purchase case management services. The provider that accepts the voucher could be required to perform case management services.
- Clients could pool their vouchers and purchase care/services as a group using innovative provider service networks or an MCO.
- Incentives would be in place to maximize informal support systems.
- The comprehensive assessment would be completed by the provider, MCO, or county.
- Providers which are paid from this voucher would be required to meet certain reporting and monitoring provisions. Providers especially would be required to adhere to the QA outcome measurements of the new system.
WAHSA 204 South Hamilton Street Madison, WI 53703
Telephone: (608)255-7060 FAX:(608)255-7064